Friday, November 14, 2014

Blog 111414

Part One:

SO much happens in Persepholis! I thought it was very confusing and awkward at some points for example I did not like how the story ended with her looking back and seeing that something had happened to her mom.  I was very confused on weather or not her mother had died or fained but later afte talking with a  friend I learned that she ony fainted because her mother is in the next book.  If the book had ended with her mother dying I would not like the ending.  One specific part that was somewhat awkward was when she was about to leave the country and she sleps with her grandmother and she talks about the flowers in her shirt and I did not understand how that was something imortant to the author becuase I think that it made the reader feel uncomfortable.  Well soemtimes an awkward situation in a story is good becuase it makes the readder think about what is happening.  


Part Two:

Over all I enjoyed the book because it was a quick and easy read but it had a good story plot.  It really helped me think about Iran and Iraq becuase I personally have no idea what is going I only knew that they were at war but I did not know that the war went way way back and that it all started with a rebelion and that a lot of it had to do with personal connections and family ties.  I had no idea that so many people died and were torchured in horrible ways. I learned a lot because there was so much that americans dont notice when we are at home safe in our homes ut a lot of stuff is going on in the middle east and its not easy as a teen to get inforation about it becuase when you ask someone what they think they only tell your their oppinions but no the whole truthful story.  One think that I thought was absolutly horried was that they were not able to kill a virgin which meant that a soilder would have to rape a women and then kill her which is just NOT OKAY.


Part Three:

In persepholis you learn that growning up and taking responsibility is not always better than being a child and that war never truly solves a problem. 




No comments:

Post a Comment