Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Blog 091714

"Two weeks ago Monday was my first day as a straight-haired girl.  Wearing my hair down and straight is one reason that the girls in the bathroom want to beat me up. (96)"

In this passage Rachel talks about her hair and how it has changed since she has lived with her grandmother.  This sentnece really poped out at me because it reminded me of Michelle Norris and how in her story hair is something that tells a story and is really important.  Rachel has gotten bullied for having different hair than the other girls at her school but I think that she likes it because it looks like mor's hair. I think that in both of these books Rachel and Michelle's hair are motifs because they often come up and represtnt the character and things hapen to both of these characters because of their hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment