Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Passion Project Topic Brainstorming

1.Childhood Obesity in the USA

I think that it would be very interesting to write about obesity in the US because it is a topic that a lot of people do not like to talk about but surrounds us daily.  Growing up my parents always talked about eating healthy and even I had some troubles with a healthy life style but now that there are multiple documentaries that are coming out that repeatedly talk about obesity and being over weight that catch my eye and I think that the topic could use more detail and attention.

Link: http://www.georgiahealthnews.com/2012/03/obesity-expensive-problem-video/

2. Jobs in India For the Future

My dad works for a company that creates buildings where call centers are held and I want to know what happens to all those people who work there and what their life is like. I know that it can be so different for them and I am interested in where they are going to be in 100 years as a country and individually.

Link: http://businesstoday.intoday.in/story/london-business-school-john-mullins-on-india-entrepreneurs/1/204023.html

3. The Pressure of Society and the Social Standards of beauty

I keep seeing music videos that really interest me that have a similar message. That message is that society has some kind of control on us and our image, that we need to be perfect and if we are not we are "different". I agree with this and as a teenage girl I know that I can be pursuaded very easily and that the effects of these makeup and beauty product companies have on us have lasting impressions.

Link: http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/pretty-hurts-watch-beyonce-defy-social-standards-of-beauty-1509035.html

Link: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/colbie-caillat-tearjerker-try-video-sends-powerful-message-2014157

4.Women's Rights; Then and Now

Not even 100 years ago women finally ot the right to vote but that did not even ensure that women were treated the same as men. I think that it is very important that women have the same rights as men because we are all people and we deserve equality.

Link: http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-28870677/

5. What Feminism Is and Why We Don't Talk About It

I have noticed that the majority of the topics that I am interested in and have researched have something to do with the rights and power of women. I think that it is very important that women and young girls know that we are very lucky that we have so many rights that other women do not have. There are so many reasons and facts that show the gap in equality between men and women in the work place and just proving this is one way to support this topic. I think that some people do not talk about feminism because it intimidates them but I think that people should be able to say what they think and why they feel a certain way.

Link: http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/suic/NewsDetailsPage/NewsDetailsWindow?failOverType=&query=&prodId=SUIC&windowstate=normal&contentModules=&display-query=&mode=view&displayGroupName=News&limiter=&u=mnkedina&currPage=&disableHighlighting=false&displayGroups=&sortBy=&source=&search_within_results=&p=SUIC&action=e&catId=&activityType=&scanId=&documentId=GALE%7CA380956652




No comments:

Post a Comment