Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Blog 092514

I feel as if I have a unique description of beauty.  I believe that being beautiful is not only how you feel but who you are and the way that you portray yourself.  Being happy is one of the most important things in life and I think that we as a society puts too much pressure on being perfect and pretty. I do agree with the model when she said she had who the lottery because she did.  Its all genetics and that is why she won the lucky lottery.  One of the huge reasons she was a model is simply because she is pretty and I think that every single person should think they are beautiful for who they are model or not.  I have struggled with beauty because growing up as a young girl who can be influenced easily I saw that on TV (even kids shows such as Disney and Nickelodeon) were pretty. I think that as I have grown I have come to the truth that beauty really does come from the inside and that I am beautiful because I am me.
Cosmetics is a multi-billion dollar industry and the only way it will continue booming is if people want to change the way they look.  It all comes down to self-esteem and the fact is that in some people they is simply none.  Our country is known for bigger is better and its true with hair as well.

Rachel: "I think that the model was right.  Some people win the lottery.  Some people are pretty.  Some people are Rich.  Some people have nice things.  Some people get boys. Some people have all of those things and some people have none of those things.  I think I lost.  I lost the lottery.  I have Mor's eyes and that was the lottery but that's it.  I'm just me and that's how I lost the lottery."

"I'm Black.  I'm from northeast Portland.  My Grandfather's eyes are this color. I've lived here mostly my whole life.  I'm black. I'm Black, I know." (148)

I wrote this because I feel like Rachel has a low self-esteem and never feels beautiful.  I feel like she thinks she had lost the lottery and that she has no one.  She thinks that her mother was beautiful which is where she got her eyes which  is why she thinks they are beautiful.  In this quote Rachel talks a little bit about where her eyes come from and I think that is part of her beauty.

I still agree with what I said about beauty,  I believe in what I said and I do not think many things will change my opinion. I think that I would reinforce that beauty comes from the inside and that Beauty is who you and not what you look like because that is what I truly believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment